Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RamblingWreckGT RamblingWreckGT is offline

Default Averaging Time withing Excel

the data in the cell is, for example, 10:23

and the average funchtion I am using is =AVERAGE()

"Fred Smith" wrote:

What formula are you using to do the averaging?

Are you sure your cells have valid Excel times in them, or do they have text
masquerading as times?

Fred

"RamblingWreckGT" wrote in message
I have a column of data that is mm:ss . I am wishing to have Excel Average
the times. I have had no suceess by formating the column as mm:ss and then
performing the function. I countunualy get the result of #DIV/0!.
Note: I am using Office 2000
Help!!