Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sasa Stankovic Sasa Stankovic is offline

Default How can I evade the limit of 30 arguments in a function?

you can use nested functions.fo example:
=sum(arg1,arg2,...,arg29,sum(arg1,ar2,...,arg30))
this way I'm using 59 arguments...
"macca" wrote in message
I would like to add more than 30 cells and place that value in another
cell.
I am being stymied at present by the limit of 30 arguments to a function.
At
present, i must split the calculation, and then pick these split values
and
tie them into my result cell. I know that this will work, but it seems
messy
to my way of thinking.