Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Default footer

My machine doesn't seem to care (once I properly change the braces } to
brackets ] )

Page&[Page]+1Of&[Pages]+1Pages

gives the result I expect (it needs spacing to make it readable, but the
lack of spaces didn't cause any other problems that I could see). I could
see a problem if you wanted a particular number printed in the footer (say a
1) so that Excel doesn't treat +1 as +11.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Not forget to add a space after the 1

&[Page]+1

See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/48198/en-us

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"JMB" wrote in message ...
You could also set page 1 up on a separate worksheet w/o a footer. For the
tab w/pages 2-whatever, if you have page numbering you could use

&[page}+1 / &[pages}+1

to account for page one.

"JMB" wrote:

Check the answeres to this thread that asks the same question regarding a
header.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...2-5024cca16959

"hornless unicorn" wrote:

how do i stop a footer from showing on the first page?