Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
GreenBean GreenBean is offline

Default renaming multiple buttons

The second one worked perfectly - many thanks for help and saving me a
tedious task...

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Green Bean,

If the option buttons are from the Forms toolbar, try:

'=============
Public Sub Tester()
Dim OP As OptionButton

For Each OP In ActiveSheet.OptionButtons
With OP
.Name = Replace(.Name, "OptionButton", "GW2opt")
End With
Next OP
End Sub
'<<=============

If, however, the option buttons are from the Controls Toolbox, try:

'=============
Public Sub Tester2()
Dim OleObj As OLEObject

For Each OleObj In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects
With OleObj
.Name = Replace(.Name, "OptionButton", "GW2opt")
End With
Next OleObj
End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"GreenBean" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a worksheet with lots of OptionButtons which are named from
OptionButtion1 through to OptionButton266. Unfortunately I need to
rename
to GW2opt1, etc - Is there anyway I can do this without having to change
each name individually? I've tried some VB but to no avail......

Tia