Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KRou KRou is offline

Default What command can I use to see if any cells equal the same.

Thank you Elkar!!

"Elkar" wrote:

This formula should work for you:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$2000,A1)1,"Yes","")

You can place this in an adjacent column, then copy down.

Another option would be to use Conditional Formatting to highlight any rows
containing duplicates. Select your column of data, then choose Conditional
Formatting from the Format Menu. Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is" and
enter:

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$2000,A1)1

Then set your format.

HTH,
Elkar

HTH,
Elkar

"KRou" wrote:

I'm updating 2000 records and trying to make sure I don't
duplicateinformation. Is there a way I can use a command that will tell me
if any of the cells in this row equal the same thing, then 'Yes"?