Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer bpeltzer is offline

Default If referencing drop-down list

You may just need to change the ANDs to ORs; there's no chance that H3="Add
New Resource" AND, at the same time, H3="Update Resource".
--Bruce

"Nicole Seibert" wrote:

Hello fellow helpers,

I wrote the following formula to fill in the direction for a help request
(there are two teams working on the helpdesk) that I thought would fill in
the cell once the corresponding drop-down list was filled in (cell h3). It
is not working. Can anyone tell me why?

=IF(AND(H3="Add New Resource",H3="Update Resource",H3="Project
Rename",H3="Project Check-In",H3="Project Delete",H3="Change Plan
Owner",H3="Request Project Manager Permissions",H3="Request Remote Desktop
Access"),"Send to PRISMhelp",IF(AND(H3="Error Message",H3="Project Workplan
Questions",H3="PWA Time Entry Questions",H3="Resource Center
Questions",H3="Project Center Questions",H3="Portfolio Analyzer
Questions",H3="Cannot access PWA",H3="Cannot access PWA Project
Professional"),"Product Delivery PRISM",""))