Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ahofeld ahofeld is offline

Default How to Identify Values in Common Between 2 cells

I have a spreadsheet that contains cells that each have a range of values.
For instance, 1 cell might have the values of 1-15. The next cell might be
11-20. I want to set up another table that compares each combination of 2
cells, and identifies the common values. In this example, that would be
11-15. The answer could either be expressed as 11-15 or 5, with 5 being the
number of numbers in common between the 2 cells' values. I would prefer 5.
I am new to this, and am hopeful that someone has dealt with this need
before. Thank you for your assistance.