Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Adrian G Adrian G is offline

Default Importing and Exporting Data

Hi,

I'm planning to build a hardware device with a serial link to my PC and
want to import measured values into an Excel spreadsheet, do some calcs
and logic within the spreadsheet, and export values back to the
hardware device.

For example, I'd like to allocate 4 cells to values which will be read
from the device, and four cells which will ouput status (one or zero)
or actual value to the device. Effectively, a measurement and control
system which computes within a spreadsheet.

I've been told I need DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) but its hard to find
explanations of this which don't lose me in the first few words. I'm
an engineer rather than a PC/Software expert, so I need to be spoon
fed!

Can anyone suggest an easy source of learning, or even something more
specific to this application?

Thanks and regards

Adrian

--