Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LordJezo LordJezo is offline

Default Simple graph formatting question for dates.

All I want to do is take a few numbers and make them into a graph..

5/23/06 6.04
5/30/06 6.22

I'll expand on it later but for now I just want two bars, the x-axis
being the date (or the text of that date) and the y-axis to be numbers.
Problem is that Excel wants to spread out those two entries by a very
wide amount. Maybe it's treating them like they are a week apart so it
shows it in the graph? Thing is, I don't really care about the scale of
the x-axis. If you took those figures and made it to be..

a 6.04
b 6.22

And then made that into a simple bar graph everything looks nice, but
how do I make it so I can display a text of "5/30/06" (or whatever date
looking text I want) and have Excel treat it as plain old text? When I
change the formatting to text in the first column I get:

38860 6.04
38867 6.22

It shows up in the graph right but I get that funky text thing. Can I
make it display it in a date looking format?

--
LordJezo
LordJezo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6101