Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BrianC500 BrianC500 is offline

Default Excel Calculation

Thanks for the reply Bill.

The values are; "greater than 49.99" and "equal to or less than 49.99"

Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

You have stated what you want done if the value entered is less than 49.99
and more than 49.99 but not what you want if the value is exactly 49.99. I
suspect you mean less than 50 and equal or more than 50. A popular mistake.
Would you let me know what you intended before I assume and put finger to
keyboard.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"BrianC500" wrote in message
I need a calculation to do the following; If the value entered is above
£49.99 I need it to show 6% of £39.99. If the value entered in the cell is
less than £49.99 I need it to show 6% of the value entered less £10.00.
i.e. if over £49.99 it would show £2.40
if the value was £44.99 I would need it show 6% of £34.99
How can I do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated