Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Ridgeway Bill Ridgeway is offline

Default Excel Calculation

You have stated what you want done if the value entered is less than 49.99
and more than 49.99 but not what you want if the value is exactly 49.99. I
suspect you mean less than 50 and equal or more than 50. A popular mistake.
Would you let me know what you intended before I assume and put finger to
keyboard.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"BrianC500" wrote in message
I need a calculation to do the following; If the value entered is above
£49.99 I need it to show 6% of £39.99. If the value entered in the cell is
less than £49.99 I need it to show 6% of the value entered less £10.00.
i.e. if over £49.99 it would show £2.40
if the value was £44.99 I would need it show 6% of £34.99
How can I do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated