Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets Arvi Laanemets is offline

Default Time difference calculation

Hi

The general formula for time difference calculating with midnight rollovet
taken into account
=B1-A1+(B1<A1)
where A1 contains start time, and B1 contains end time.

When allways basic time is up to 6 hours, and all over 6 hours is overtime,
then
Basic time
=MIN(6/24,B1-A1+(B1<A1))
Overtime
=MAX(0,B1-A1+(B1<A1)-6/24)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Sasha" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I am trying to make time sheet that would forecast employment cost.
Payment criteria is that overtime applies after midnight.
Sheet that I've designed has four columns per day IE. start & finish
time for AM shift IE. (08:00 - 16:00) and start and finish for PM
shift. That could be (17:00 - 23:00), which doesn't create problem so
far but when inputting something like (18:00 - 04:00) i get total hours
worked. What sort of formula should I use that would separate basic
hours from overtime hours automatically IE. (6hrs basic and 4hrs
overtime).

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated :)

--
Sasha
Sasha's Profile: