Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default How to average a column of numbers that are greater than 0?

If it's *most* logical to you, may I ask then, why would you use
Sumif(range,"0").
Seems illogical to *need* " add if it's greater then zero", *unless* there's
a stipulation to exclude negative values.

A simple:
Sum(range)/Countif(range,"0")
would be adequate without further qualification from the OP.

What do you think?

RD

Is something else going to happen
"Sasa Stankovic" wrote in message
because I don't like array functions... it is not something special... I
just dont like to use them...
"Don Guillett" wrote in message
why?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Sasa Stankovic" wrote in message
I support this result as the most logical....
"bpeltzer" wrote in message
I'll admit my bias against array formulas and offer an alternative...
Average is simply sum/count. So =sumif(range,"0")/countif(range,"0")
will
average the positive values.

"JimNColorado" wrote:

I am trying to average a column of numbers. I want to only average the
cells
that contain a number greater than 0. How do I do that?