Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alyssa Alyssa is offline

Default cell will not change

Hi Gord - when I entered the formula you suggested it did not return a true
or false answer and simply blue outlines the cell in question when the
formula is highlighted. Any other suggestions?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Alyssa

Could be the 4 is text formatted.

A check would be enter in an adjacent cell =ISNUMBER(cellref)

True or False?

If False, re-format to General then copy an empty cell and paste special onto
the cell with your "digit"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:30:02 -0700, Alyssa
wrote:

The cell is currently showing a single digit, eg. 4. I want it to display
$4.00. However when I format the cell to currency with 2 decimal places -
nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?