Scubasocks

Default Visual Basic Error Message

After updating an application unrelated to Excel that I have been using for
two years, evefry time I now start Excel (I'm using Excel 2003, by the way),
I initially get a Microsoft Visual Basic error window popping up on my
screen: "System Error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113). Catastrophic failure." When
I click OK, a second Microsoft Visual Basic error window pops up: "Out of
memory." I then click OK, the window disapears, and then everything runs
just fine. All my calculations, prior work and spreadsheets and so forth, as
well as new files I create are readily saved and rerun the next time. Why am
I getting these error messages (obviously related to the loading of the
updated application, I would suspect) and how can I stop them from popping up
every time I open Excel? Thank you for your help.