Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Steve Steve is offline

Default Invalid Names

This worked great! Thanks for the help.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Try changing

Tools|Options|General tab
check R1C1 reference style

Then close the dialog and change it back to A1 reference style (once
more).

When you change to R1C1 (or back to A1) reference style, you'll be
prompted to
change the name of that illegal name. (I don't recall which does the
work.)

You may want to get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and
Matthew
Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

He has this ability as one of the features, if I recall correctly.

Steve wrote:

I've tried deleting links via the Links Dialogue and the Defined Names
windows and I 've tried using code to delete the names. But my code
returns
an error message stating "That name is not valid". It is referring to a
defined name such as
"
"

or "+"

Anyone have thoughts on how to delete these invalid/bogus names?

Thanks for any input.

--

Dave Peterson