Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Exceldummy Exceldummy is offline

Default Excel Formula

Sorry....I am looking for text. Each cell will have a separate piece of text
data. Basically, if I was setting up a list of people I called and wanted to
keep the total list be wanted to populate a cell that showed the last person
called then the spreadsheet would look something like this:

A B C D
E F G
1 Last Person Called: People Called
2 Joe Sara Dave
Jen Joe

I want B2 to be whatever the last text is in row 2. Therefore if I write
"Mike" in cell G2, I want B2 to now say "Mike".

Any new suggestions?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

if a number you desire then just look for one larger than possible in your
data
=match(999999999,3:3)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Exceldummy" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a formula that will return the data in the last cell
in
a row. The problem I am having is that the row grows daily. Therefore,
if
the Cell I want the data to populate in is I3, then my row goes from J3 to
infinity or at least Z3 as I add to it. Therefore, I3 should return
whatever
cell is the last cell in the row with data in it. I have tried an IF
statement but it is very long and it only allows me to input upto 8
statements or upto only R3. Any suggestions?

Here is the statement that I am using:
=IF(R3=0,(IF(Q3=0,(IF(P3=0,(IF(O3=0,(IF(N3=0,(IF(M 3=0,(IF(L3=0,(IF(K3=0,J3,K3)),L3)),M3)),N3)),O3)), P3)),Q3)),R3)