Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Sumif

Thanks for the feed-back.

RD

"Pritesh" wrote in message
Hi RD,

I tried below suggested formula, which worked-out to discard "#Value"
error.
Thanx.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Sumif is among the functions that don't work on closed WBs, as is
Indirect
and Countif and others.

One work-around is this *array* formula using the Sum() and IF()
combination:

=SUM(IF('C:\[Source.xls]Jun06'!$F1:$F1000=ExpCode,'C:\[Source.xls]Jun06'!$I1
:$I1000))

--
Array formulas are entered using CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of
the

Also NOTE:
Array formulas *cannot* use entire column references ( F:F, I:I ).

--

HTH,

RD

"Pritesh" wrote in message
Hi Muhammed,

Thanx for your concern & response, but, you seem to be addictive to Pivot
Table, as, for both of my problems, you recommended me to use it. Even I
use
Pivot Table, but, only when and where required.

"Muhammed Rafeek M" wrote:

Hi
Better use pivot table. If you are not clear, send me mail to
with your problem files, i can guide you. I am also

from
India.

"Pritesh" wrote:

Hi, this is Pritesh from India. I work for a Pharma & Well Being
Group

and
prepare monthly MIS reports in Excel. I have to link expense-codes
and
relevant amounts to my file from a source file (both .xls files), for

which I
use Sumif formula

(=SUMIF('C:\[Source.xls]Jun06'!$F:$F,ExpCode,'C:\[Source.xls]Jun06'!$I:$I).
However, the problem is, unless I keep my source data file open,

alongwith
main file, the formula returns with "#Value" error. Can someone help
me
discard "#Value" error.