Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
steenman2 steenman2 is offline

Default Unable to Read File

I am having a problem linking one workbook to another. Let me lay it
out...

I ahve a database that runs a query and then uses a macro to "Output
to" the query results to a excel file called CARQuery.xls. Once that is
done A user can then open a different excel file that links to
CARQuery.xls takes its data and oganizes it So a Chart can use it.

The Query works fine, the Output to works fine, but when I open the
second excel file with the chart it tells me "unable to read file" and
then doesn't update. It does update when I have both excel files open
at the same time. But either way it should update, right?

FYI the db and two excel files are in the same folder on a network
drive.

Any help or hints would be helpful.

Thanks