Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Maistrye Maistrye is offline

Default Conditional formatting -- copy paste special won't change referenc

Ed in Biotech Wrote:
I am setting conditional formatting on a rather large spreadsheet for
sum
values by month.

Cell A1 is the Resired resource request (data input)
Cell A2 =Sum(A3:A5)
Cell A3 through A5 are data input fields.

I can set conditional formatting to change fill based on greater
than/less
than. What I cannot do is perform a bulk operation that will change
my
conditional value for columns B through AH. Copy/paste
special...formats
will add the conditional format, but KEEP the original reference.

Any way to change the in the same fashion as a traditional formula does
when
you copy/paste?

Cheers....

Basically, it involves putting a formula into the conditional format
and using a $ as you would with a normal formula.

See the following page: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html

The site has other pages on conditional formatting, here's the index
page: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Scott

--
Maistrye