Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default How to count blank cells (Rows) between Non-Blank cells in Col "A"

Using 2003

Assume that Column A has a UsedRange(Rows) of 1000 cells.

Of those cells, only 22 are data-filled.

What is the best way in VBA to compute the Address and Row Number of
the first cell in "A" that has a value? (Assume "A7")

What is the best way in VBA to compute the Address and Row Number of
the Second cell in "A" that has a value? (Assume "A40")

What is the best way in VBA to compute the Address and Row Number of
the (Other cells in "A" that have values? etc.

Once I have the above then I know that Cell A8 through Cell A39 are
blank which rows I would like to delete.

The challenge is there are about 21 other blank-cell ranges in the
UsedRange.

I would like a VBA Loop to delete each of the blank ranges:
The Loop needs to know the Address to start and the number of rows
to delete;
Which means I also need to reset the loop's counter variable with
the number of rows [like A39 - A7 +1 equals 34] each time a group of
rows are deleted.

What is the smartest way to:
1) start the loop just after value 1 in Column A and
2) "process" through to Value 2 in Column A Then
3) reset the Loop Variables so that the loop starts at Value 2 in
Column A and proceeds to Value 3 in Column A, etc, etc?

Thanks

Dennis