Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Angela Dennis 911 Angela Dennis 911 is offline

Default Validation list that also allows user entry?

We have created an Excel radio log for our dispatchers to use to track all
phone calls, EMS and Law Enforcement traffic. We have some dispatchers that
are not good typists, and we have repeated traffic in some instances.

I am trying to create a validation list for the constantly used terms (Exp.
"On Duty, In service, Off Duty, On scene....), so the one finger typers can
quickly use the drop down list to save them some time. But, we also need to
be able to manually enter into the cell as well. I have not figured out how
to make it do both. When I create a list, it will not allow you to manually
key into the field, it will only allow you to pick from the list. Is this
possible? And if so, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance