Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sum Limit and marking Sum Limit and marking is offline

Default query criteria parameters "contains"

"contains" is a criteria that can be selected to filter the data within a
query. Its a selection simliar to "equals", "like", or "between" when adding
a criteria to a query.

acheive the same solution as "contains".

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

"FSt1" wrote:

hi,
not sure what you mean by "contains" but look up the LIKE operator in vb
help. alt+f11help. if i read you correctly, this may be what you are looking
for.

regards
FSt1

"Sum Limit and marking" wrote:

I've created a query that I want to run from excel but with the criteria I
want to use within the query I am not able to acheive this. The criteria I
want to use is "contains" and I've tried using the [], but it does not work
the same way as if I was using the criteria of "Equals" or "Between". Can
anyone help me?

Thanks.