Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anna Anna is offline

Default Vlookup for multiple criteria

This is awesome, but here's a brain teaser....
I want the sheet in the formula to reference a cell! Meaning depending this
first criteria, it will match A1,B1,C1,and D1 to a different sheet depending
on the value in a cell I prescribe. Does that make sense? I guess another
wayto say it would be using the formula you provided below, I want "Back" to
be a cell reference. Could you help? Thanks, Anna.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=INDEX(Back!E1:E20,MATCH(1,(Back!A1:A20=A1)*(Back! B1:B20=B1)*(Back!C1:C20=C1
)*(Back!D1:D20=D1),0))

still an array formula

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"kieffer" wrote in
message ...

A B C D E
Poly PU5 Gentex Comfort NTM
Triv PU5 Sola Max Class Classic

What I'm looking for is a table in the "back" tab. This table would
contain a list of info as seen above.

The operator would enter in to the "front" tab for example,
Poly PU5 Gentex Comfort.....the formula, located in E, would return
NTM. Therefore, 4 criteria have to be met to return a value.

Jim

--
kieffer
kieffer's Profile: