Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jimswinder jimswinder is offline

Default How do I count nonblank cells that meet criteria in another cell?

Domenic:

Thanks that worked....what do I need to replace "x" with in the formula if I
want it to find ANY text (non blank cells)?

"jimswinder" wrote:

I need to add nonblank cells (cells have text) in a column that equal the
criteria of another cell. So I want to add the cells in Column C that have
text but also equal the date in Column A (which is equal to the date in Cell
A1).

I have tried the follwoing:
=SUM(IF(A2:A19=A1,IF(C3:C19="x",1,0)))
=COUNT(IF((A2:A19=A1),C2:C19))
=IF((A2:A19)=A1,COUNTIF(C2:C19,"x"))

Thanks for any help on this matter... I am sure it is an easy fix.