Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default excel can not open on some IE browser

First, I would make sure that excel opened the workbook--not MSIE.

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

And second, maybe it's because there are spaces in the file name.

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Maybe one of these will work for you.

Faiz wrote:

Hi,
I'm running into the following issues:
One some IE clients, I can not open an excel link once the download complete
dialog box pops up. However, I am able to view the file after I save and
open. This problem does not happen on all the IE clients. Only some of them.
Don't know if the problem is on the IE side or Excel side.
Thank you,
Faizal

--

Dave Peterson