Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BobS9895 BobS9895 is offline

Default Combining information from multiple tabs

Sure email it to me at

wrote:
Bob,

I hate to impose, but can I just email it to you so that you can see
what I mean?

Mike
BobS9895 wrote:
I'm afraid I've been leading you down the wrong path. All along when
you said "combine" I thought you meant "sum". I thought we were
talking numbers, not labels.

Without seeing the worksheet and the layout, it would be difficult for
me to help you. However, even with labels, you can use a simple
formula to copy from different tabs. So once you got your initial
format and formulas determined, you could copy those formulas for all.

Your best bet may be to post new again, and explain in more detail the
information you have and what you want it to do. Maybe someone out
there can help you better than I can.

Sorry for the mixup.

wrote:
Bob,

I'm trying but when I hit enter, and error message comes up. It's a box
that says formula contains errors. Maybe this will help: each tab
contains a name of a customer on one cell, the next is address, the
next is the city, etc.

Hope this helps you in helping me!

BobS9895 wrote:
Wow - sorry about that. Not sure why it posted 3 times. I obviously
did something wrong.