Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scoops Scoops is offline

Default Cell protection

Gregg Johnson wrote:
Steve -

Thank you for your response. I'm having a little trouble with it:

When I attempt to change the format in conditional formatting, it will not
allow me to select Font or Size, only Style and Color. Is this typical?
Users will paste information into these cells. When I did that, it removed
the conditional formatting and used the pasted format. Is that to be
expected?

Thanks.

Hi Gregg

Yes, that's to be expected in both cases.

As a quick solution (I'm just about to finish for the day and this may
be the proverbial sledgehammer), try this:

Right-click the tab of the appropriate sheet View Code and paste
this:

Dim myValue
With Application
.EnableEvents = False