Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ecounts ecounts is offline

Default Sorting with groups

I have detail and summary rows that I have grouped with the "data--
group and outline -- group" function. My problem is I want to be able
to sort a column ascending and descending where the data that I have
grouped stays together. It seems that the problem is that Excel groups
the actual rows and not the data in the rows so that when I sort, my
formerly grouped data is scattered and rows of data that have nothing
to do with each other are grouped because they are sorted into row
numbers I had grouped before the sort.
I have looked all over on message boards, etc. and really haven't found
an answer. I am guessing I may need to find some way to do this with
VBA.
I very much need to do this for work (Access is not an option). Any
leads and suggestions at all would be much appreciated!