Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Larry Larry is offline

Default hyperlink info to cell

Hi all.
I have a worksheet in a separate workbook that generates a new number each
time the workbook is opened. The new number appears in the next empty cell
and is saved on closing the workbookso the next time it's opened it will give
the next sequential number.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Columns("B:IV").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
Selection.Value = Selection.Offset(-1, 0).Value + 1
ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

I have this workbook set as a hyperlink in a different set of workbooks that
have a need to grab the next new number to track items added to a list.

Is there a way to just go and grab the new number and place it in the cell
clicked automatically?

Thanks in advance. larry