Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default (now) changes when opened how do keep it from changing in excel

Manually you can enter a static date by CTRL + ;

Static time by CTRL + SHIFT + ;

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 04:34:01 -0700, tankerman
wrote:

I use (NOW) to insert the date and time on some of my spreadsheets but the
date and time changes every time I reopen the sheet, is there some way of
having the date and time auto inserted without changing every time the sheet
is opened up. My sheets need a beginning date and time but when reopened for
addational input the date and time change and I need it to stay the same as
when started