Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BrandonC BrandonC is offline

Default Unable to get examples to work for lookup etc

Max,
Yea, I have been try to get my lists to work with just that kind of
formula. The non-array approach looks good, I will give it a whirl.
I did have more success with the following:
=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,B1)0,B1,"") put in the first cell of a column
and filled down.
=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)=1,A1,"") put in the first cell of a column and
filled down
=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,B1)=0,B1,"") put in the first cell of a column
and filled down
Which for the example works fine. But for later lists, the drilling
down of data will be greater. The smallest lists will easily be 3000
rows. Will a dynamic range work for these kind of comparison
extractions?

--
BrandonC
BrandonC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36504