Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
George George is offline

Default Excel performance calculation

No probs, understood.
Here is what i am trying to do:
Col a has a list of data / percentages
So cell b2 should equal (1+a2)*(1+a3)*(1+a4)-1
then cell b3 should equal (1+a3)*(1+a4)*(1+a5)-1
I tried "=PRODUCT(1+A2:A4)-1", but this does not equal the long formula above.
As i need to do this calc over a substantial amount of data, i really need a
function to assist.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
George

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

I'd strongly suggest posting the errors you're getting, along with a
fuller description of what you're trying to do. If nothing else, it will
give a lot of other, perhaps smarter, folks a chance to help you, and
answer(s) in the archives may help someone else some day.

While this may not be the case with you, I find that when someone offers
to send a workbook rather than a description of the problem, it's almost
always the case that simply looking at the workbook isn't enough to
unambiguously decipher their intent. In addition, due to potential
virii, etc., I have to transfer such files to an isolated test machine
before opening them. So I accept such workbooks only at my usual spot
consulting rate (US$50/half-hour). Let me know.

In article ,
George wrote:

I am getting some errors can i send you an excel file for you to look at
exactly what i am trying to do?