Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kath Kath is offline

Default how do I find the last value of a range....

Thanks Ragdyer - I don't suppose you could explain to me how that works could
you? just so that I know why to do it this way again in future.

thanks

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Say your starting weight was entered in A1, and each new weight was
continually entered in the next empty cell in Column A.

Try this formula in B1:

=A1-LOOKUP(99^99,A:A)

--
HTH,

RD

"Kath" wrote in message
I am creating a spreadsheet that will record weight gained/lost and I have
the basic spreadsheet done.

However, I need to have a cell that returns a value equal to the
difference
between the starting weight and the most recent weight - which is not
necessarily the lowest weight, so I can't use MIN()

Values are being added every few days and as such Excel needs to update as
needed each time. All weight data is entered within the same column.

Has anyone got any advice please.

Thanks.