Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LynnB LynnB is offline

Default Setup Purchase Order Template to have a automatic number syste

Thanks for the help. I am unclear as how to accomplish this as I am not an
Excel Expert. Is there another way to "Automatic Number" a excel template
each time I open.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Have a look at John McGimpsey's VBA method.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/sequentialnums.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:21:02 -0700, LynnB
wrote:

How do I setup a Purchase Order Template to have a numbering system?

I would like to setup a purchase order template with a numbering system that
when each time we open new file the Purchase Order will change number. i.e.,
start at: W400001, next number W400002 etc.

Excel 2003 SP2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP