Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JMB JMB is offline

Default Find rows matching Max value

Here are two good references to get you started. SUMPRODUCT is not entered
w/Cntrl+Shift+Enter as it already accepts array arguments.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm

"Serena" wrote:

Thanks very much for that, it worked a treat ! (I have no idea how it
worked, but the important thing is it did ! Presume I'd need to read up on
arrays to find out what the formula is actually doing ?)

"JMB" wrote:

One possibility. You could use a helper column. Insert a column and use
=MAX(IF(B$2:B$28=B2,C$2:$C$28,0))=C2
in cell A2, confirmed w/Control+Shift+Enter (if done properly, Excel will
put braces { } around the formula for you).

I assumed the Agreement number is in B2:B28, and the contract version is in
C2:C28. Change range references as needed. Then filter on this new column
for TRUE.