Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] tgdavis@cox.net is offline

Default Why does a simple frequency distribution count out of range data?

I have a frequency distribution that counts the occurance of 1, 2, 3 or 4 in
column C but for some reason if there is a 0 in a cell it gets counted as a
1. Here is an excerpt from the spreadsheet.
Row Col P Col Q Formula in Q3-Q6 =FREQUENCY(C10:C2000,$P$3:$P$6)
3 1 77
5 3 48
6 4 0
All of the data in columns A-L is imported each month and C10:C2000 contain
either text (as part of merged cells) or 1-4 formatted as "General" or are
blank. I have tried reformatting C10:C2000 as numbers but it makes not
differance. Does anyone know what is happening and how to correct for it?