Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
LOK LOK is offline

Default Workday calculation - not working

I did check the formating of the cells and they were dates (changed to a 5
digit number when I change to general). So, I'm unsure of what my next steps
are. the ATP is activated and this is the function I want - the NETWORKDAYS
(I tried both that and WORDAY) and yet neither works....ideas?
--
thanks, L

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:23:01 -0700, LOK wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to make a time and events schedule to track a project's progress.
basically in A1 will be the start date, B1 will be the end date, and I want
to know the number of workdays, not including weekends it will take to
complete this part of the project in C1. I've entered the =WORKDAYS(A1,B1)
formula and I keep getting either the #VALUE? or #NAME? response. I've added
the Analysis ToolPak ADD-IN so I don't understand why this isn't working -
HELP!

I'm guessing, since you didn't clarify, that you got the #NAME? result before
and the #VALUE? result after you added the ATP.

You are probably getting bad results because you are using the wrong function,
or because your date is really TEXT and not a true date.

To determine the number of days between start date and end date, you should be
using the NETWORKDAYS function. See HELP for the difference between these two
functions.

If you get the #VALUE error, then probably your date is TEXT and not an Excel
Date. To tell if it is TEXT, try formatting A1 or B1 as General. If the
appearance remains that of a date, and does not change to some five digit
number, then your value is text.

--ron