Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Robert McNeil Robert McNeil is offline

Default Excel 2007 Beta Setup Problem

I received and loaded my beta copy of Office 2007 (v 12.0.4017.1006). When I
clicked on the desktop icon to open Excel, an error message appeared
displaying a yellow triangular symbol with an exclamation point. The title
of the dialogue box, while not complete, read "J2GP....". Another dialogue
box appeared with the following message: "Excel failed to load last time.
Starting Excel in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup
problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may
be disabled in this mode. Do you want to start Excel in safe mode?"

I have rebooted, repaired, uninstalled, and reinstalled the program several
times with the same result.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to resolve it?