Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Maistrye Maistrye is offline

Default Conditional cell colour

Hennie Wrote:
Amongst others, my spreadsheet headings include "Product Code" and each
day of the month. The status of the "Product Code" can change from day
to day. At some stage the status will change to "Passed" or "Reject".
This change can appear under any date heading.
When the status changes to "Passed", the cell colour of "Product Code"
must change to green and when status becomes "Reject" it must change to
red.
Should the status initially be "Passed" and later change to "Reject",
the colour must change to orange.
Please refer attachment.

Select the entire region you wish to have this sort of formatting apply
to and make note of the active cell of the range. (For this, I'm
assuming it's F2)

Select Format - Conditional Formatting ...

Click Add Twice.

For condition 1:
Cell Value Is
equal to
="Passed"

Then, click on the Format... menu and adjust the format for
passed.

For condition 2: (remember, assuming F2 is the currently active cell)
Formula Is
=if(and(countif($F2:F2,"Passed")0,F2="Reject"),TR UE,FALSE)

Then, Format it to be orange.

For condition 3:
Cell Value Is
equal to
="Reject"

The, Format it to be red.

I'm assuming that by "previously passed", you mean before the current
day, and that for each item, the status is only on the current line.

If you're looking for a reference on conditional formatting, here's one
that may help you:

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

HTH...

Scott