Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JeremyH1982 JeremyH1982 is offline

Default Excel Database

Your existing application - In place of future orders, can you enter
quotes or estimates (like in job costing)? You could manage the future orders
there, then convert them to an order at the time of sale.

your right, we can; But we would have to pay someone to create that report.
It would be using Crystal Reports; not sure if you've heard of it or not. But
that would be more costly than just doing this excercise in excel.

I'm not very familiar w/ the function "DATA".

But I believe I have already made the spreadsheet in excel; it's pretty
plain. But it serves it's purpose.

Thank you though.

"Kooster" wrote:

This really is a database application, so set Excel up to "roll-up" the data
into an unused portion of the worksheet (use the DATA functions) based on
your criterion. Then, do your calcs there. You could produce a graph, too.
You could use Data Form for the data entry to speed the process and prevent
errors.

You can learn MS-Access quickly for this application (no complex tables and
relationships). If I were you, I would get a book, or run a tutorial (Help,
or MS-Office Web site).

P.
--
Overcome Sales Barriers