Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pork1977 pork1977 is offline

Default Autocorrect Question?

Dan, thanks for the detailed description of how it works.

I do have a small problem with it though.
The list of codes I have can be over 1000 rows long and with this
formula, it relies on having all the corrected values on the same row.

It just seems like more work to be doing this than it would to Press F2
then ENTER all the way down.

There has to be an easier way to do it, can you have the auto corrected
list in another worksheet or a macro? I did try creating a macro where
I just recorded F2 and ENTER a million times but when running it on
another worksheet, it run ok but just pasted the orrigional values from
the existing sheet over the new codes and they didn't tally up with each
other.

Perhaps a vb script might work?? not sure on that, I'm clutching at
straws a bit here, but I'm surprised you can't highlight the whole
column and just click a magic button to convert them all.

Thanks for your help

--
pork1977
pork1977's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36353