Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo Marcelo is offline

Default How do I get a value returned when I require 2 criteria to be met

hi Yukon,

try to use sumproduct as
=sumproduct(--(a3:a23="name")*(b3:b23=({"Mon";"Wed";"Fri"})))
as it is an array formula entre with Ctrl+Shif+enter not just enter

adjust the range as you need, I use "name" as a people name

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"yukon_phil" escreveu:

I am trying to get a count of occurances. For example;

I have a schedule for 20 people for a month and have "N" in varying days of
the week and I need to have 2 separate counts for the occurance for each
person. One for the days Mon,Wed,Fri. and another for Tue,Thur & Sun. Then I
want to multipy the returned count by a specific value. In the case of
Mon.,Wed., & Fri. I need to multipy by 1370, in the other case it is 1290.