Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gardenhead gardenhead is offline

Default Number of IF statements exceeded...

I got it to work! I put the workbook name before the function:

=PERSONAL.XLS!ShtComment(A3)

And it gave me the output anticipated. If only I would have used the
Insert menu before - it's not like I was unaware of it, ugh...

Thanks so much for walking me through this.

Tom Hutchins wrote:
When I call the function from Excel, I don't get an error. Adding data to the
various columns, it returns the values we would expect. Are you sure you
copied it into a VBA module (Insert Module in the Visual Basic Editor) in
the same workbook? It must have the Public keyword, also. You should be able
to find (and use) it by selecting Function from the Insert menu in Excel,
then selecting the category User Defined.

Your revised formula doesn't return "" if A3 is empty.

Regards,

Hutch