Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Larry Larry is offline

Default Forms Combo Box

Bob, Ted, Carol Alice ? Boy Jim you sure are dating yourself!! : ) those
were the days eh? larry

"JimMay" wrote:

I'd suggest you use the Data Validation (Combo box) method,
particularly, if you will be adding to the items in the combo box later.

Find an out of the way place in your spreadsheet, say Column Z (Sheet1)
And in Z1 enter your original set of choices, say in row 1 - 4 -- Bob,
Ted, Carol Alice

In the same sheet (at the menu) select Insert, Name Define
In the Names in Workbook box enter:
MyNames
In the Refers to: Box at the bottom - enter:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$Z$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!Z:Z),1) << Watch for Sheet name

On the cell (of interest) click data, Validation, as the box comes up
In the Allow Box (Click on the down arrow) and select List
In the Source box enter =MyNames
OK out..

Your ready to roll,

Periodically, you may want to go to Z1:Z? and Sort alphabetically
So that your Combo box does accordingly...

Hope this helps...........

Jim

"customer master" <u22826@uwe wrote in message news:617c5e29f8e0c@uwe:

I have created a Forms Combo drop down box. I would like to imput
information into this drop down box. Please Help. Thanks Customer Master.