Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pogo Pogo is offline

Default Extracting a number in a text string

Thanks RagDyeR
This is what I wanted to do
From: Technician$125.21 To: 125.21 and I got it.

Both of these formulas worked:

=--MID(G2,FIND("$",G2),25)
=RIGHT(G4,LEN(G4)-FIND("$",G4,1))

Thanks RagDyeR

Marcelo I tried. Copied the formula into VBA Module but I couldn't noodle
it out. Thanks for trying.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

If you would prefer a formula, since this *is* the 'functions' group, you
could try this:

With your string in A1, try in B1:

=--MID(A1,FIND("$",A1),25)

--

HTH,

RD

"Pogo" wrote in message
I am a casual user. Is this an embedded function within the Excel software.
don't think I understand your response.

"Marcelo" wrote:

Hi Pogo,

try this module and use
=digitsonly(a1)

***********************************
Public Function DigitsOnly(sStr As String) As Variant
Dim oRegExp As Object

Set oRegExp = CreateObject("VBScript.RegExp")

With oRegExp
.IgnoreCase = True
.Global = True
oRegExp.Pattern = "\D"

DigitsOnly = oRegExp.Replace(sStr, vbNullString)
End With
End Function
hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Pogo" escreveu:

I need to extract a number from a text string. For example, Cryo

Technician
$100.00. I want to extract the $100 rate and use it in another function,
i.e., Rate x hours.

I hope I made myself clear. Thanks in advance.