Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic Domenic is offline

Default There has to be a formula for this....

Assuming that B1:DQ1 contains the date, and B2:DQ2 contains the dollar
value, try the following formula which needs to be confirmed with
CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER....

=INDEX($B$1:$DQ$1,MATCH(TRUE,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET($B2 :$DQ2,,,,COLUMN($B2:$DQ
2)-COLUMN($B2)+1))=150000,0))

Hope this helps!

In article ,
LSB M wrote:

Hi guys, need some help here...

I have 120 colums across, each representing a month.. (month 1-120).

Each month has a dollar value (starts off mostly negative, then when
payback comes, number becomes positive).

I want to know during which month the CUMULATIVE cashflow hits exactly
X dollars (say, $150K).

I know the second part of this solution uses a HLOOKUP. But what
function can I use to tell it to sum "up to" $150K?

Thanks for any hints.