Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JeremyH1982 JeremyH1982 is offline

Default Excel Database

I was approached today by one of the VP's of the company I work for. He would
like to be able to enter information and then have the information sent to
where it needs to go.

For Example:

One person would enter

Salesman; Company Sold To; State; Pairs sold.

So Column A would be the salesman;
Column B would be the Company Sold To
Column C would be the State the company sold to is in
Column D would be the Amount of Pairs sold to the company.

Then after all that information is entered; He wants to be able to see the
percentage of the salesman's sales, in a given state.

So let's have it sort by the state; The salesman is assigned 6 states. I can
sort by the state, that's not a problem. I am just wondering if this would be
easiest in Excel or another program, access or something.

And If I do it in excel; I'm not very familiar w/ macro's. So if you may be
able to point me somewhere for Macro Knowledge; it would be appreciative.

Thank you.