Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Constantly Amazed Constantly Amazed is offline

Default Macro to lookup duplicates

Hi Richard

Thanks that does the trick although I would like the macro to delete the
whole row in which the duplicate occurs ratehr than just the cell. If you
can advise how the code needs to be changed toi do this I will be very
greatful. but otherwise I'll have a play.

Thanks

"Richard Buttrey" wrote:

One way.

Select the first cell in the range and then run the macro below

Sub DeleteDuplicate()
Dim x As Integer
Do While ActiveCell.Offset(x + 1, 0) < ""
If ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0) = ActiveCell.Offset(x + 1, 0) Then
ActiveCell.Offset(x + 1, 0).Delete Shift:=xlUp
Else
x = x + 1
End If
Loop
End Sub

HTH

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:21:02 -0700, Constantly Amazed
wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, I would like a 'clean' list not just a filtered list so I would
prefer the lines containing duplicates to be deleted.

"Ardus Petus" wrote:

Turn on macro recorder and use DataFilterAdvanced Filter with no
Duplicates.

HTH
--
AP

"Constantly Amazed" a écrit
dans le message de news:
Hi

Using Excel 2000 I would like to incorporate a macro which allowed the
user
to select the first cell in any column of sorted data and then compare
each
entry and remove any duplicate lines. It would continue to do this until
the
next cell in the chosen column did not contain an entry.
ie The list

Should produce

I would be very grateful for assistance on this.

Regards

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK