Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Franz Verga Franz Verga is offline

Default indirect writing in cells

aolsson wrote:
In cell A1 I have a value (5)
In cell A2 I have the address of another cell (F5)
Is it possible to write the value (5) in the celladdress in A2 (F5)?
Must I use VisualBasic or is it possible to achieve this by using a
formula
in the worksheet?
The address in A2 can change so it is possible for me to write a
formula i
cell F5. The value to be written in the recieving field may come from
many
different places so it is not possible to write "recieving" formulas,
I must use
a write-to technique.
Regards
Anders Olsson

Hi Anders,

I think you should use VBA, because in Excel there's no possibility to write
a formula that write in different cell from which it is written in... So if
you want to write a value in F5, you have to write in F5 or directly the
value yu want or a formula to display the value, but you cannot write a
formula in A2 to write a value in F5...

--
Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.